Monday, January 9, 2012

Bitter Gourd

Honestly I hate this vegetable, but thought I could tweek it so I could eat it and it worked.

Ingredients:

Two large bitter Gourd's slice how you like
about a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
3 medium sized red onions
Flour, 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Chili Powder 1 tsp or more ( depends on how spicy you like it)

This is a very simple recipe and great as a snack. 

Instructions

Bitter Gourd needs to be peeled first, once done, slice anyway you like.

Add a bit of flour, chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and mix well. Fry the onions first till they are a dark brown colour and set aside. Now fry the bitter Gourd to the same. It takes a while and you need to deep fry it, so patience is the virtue here. 

Once all is fried well, mix the onions and bitter gourd together add some more salt and chili powder, mix well and enjoy!

Like I said I hate this vegetable, but was amazed at how much I loved it after I made it this way and after speaking to mom, found this was the way she used to make it as well, so it must have been stuck in my memory somewhere.  I cant take full credit for this, I give it to Amma! 




















No comments: